Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Berry Nice Day







Yesterday, I picked berries with a friend. When I was a kid, my parents would take myself and my siblings to the farm to pick berries, vegetables, etc. My mom canned the produce and made amazing jam. I hope to learn these skills and pass them on to my future children. It was quite an adventure picking berries. We found a birds nest and a bees hive in the plants. The birds nest was so perfect in form. Smooth and round it looked as if a craftsman had formed it. God is so creative. He created animals who know how to provide a home and care for their babies. We spent about 3 1/2 hours picking berries, both blueberries and rasberries. I plan to make rasberry jam and freeze the blueberries so I can bake with them throughout the year. All in all, it was a very fun day. My friend and I plan to go to another farm soon in the future.

2 comments:

Herman said...

Wow... Three and half hours is a lot of berries.

Alexis said...

Raspberry jam is my ultimate favorite! Hope it turned out tasty!