Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Crock Pot Beef and Vegetable Soup

Here is my own recipe I came up with for a really great tasting soup.
Put about 1lb of stew meat with a package of Trader Joe's organic beef broth in a crock pot. Let it cook overnight on low for 4 hours. (I have a crock pot with a timer so it automatically switches to stay warm after it's done cooking. This works great for when I have to work late.)
Cut up about 8 organic carrots, 4 yellow potatoes, 1/3 of an onion, and an 8 oz package of mushrooms.
Put them each in their own bags and refrigerate until the next morning.
In the morning, add the carrots, potatoes, and onion to the soup. Also, combine about 1/4 tsp of pepper, 1 tsp of sea salt, one bay leaf, and a little bit of Italian seasoning. Turn crock pot to low for 4 more hours.
After the 4 hours, add the mushrooms and put on low for one more hour.
Enjoy!
This soup was easy to make and very tasty! I will make it again for sure.

No comments: